This project is read-only.

Messaging between entities in MVVM & documetation missing

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:06 AM

I commonly use a Command and Mediator patterns for such a task. Please, describe the benefits using your framework model in comparison to simple command-mediator compound template.

P.S.

Also, I can help you to build a simple documentation much like as on my project:

http://silverlightentityfw.codeplex.com/

! Interfaces

!! public IEntity<T>
_generic entity interface_

{code:c#}
    public class ObjectEntity : Entity<ObjectEntity>
    {
        private IEntity<string> _name;
        public ObjectEntity()
        {
            _name = Entity<ObjectEntity, string>.Create("Name", this);
        }
        [Display(Name = "Имя")]
        public string Name { get { return _name.Object; } set { _name.Object = value; } }
    }
{code:c#}

* *T IEntity<T>.Object*
_represents an abstract entity an gives aacces to its contained value._

!! public IEntityValue<T>
_generic entity value interface_

Man, you really need this;)

Coordinator
Dec 17, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Documentation? Programmers don't document ;)

At some point I may consider formal documentation for this project but it is really in it's infancy right now and getting the code out there is more important to me.

To answer your other question, IMO the advantage to using a framework like mine is, it is already built for you so you don't have roll your own each time and it decouples things nicely. It makes for very easy usage scenario in code when you can call

Mediator.BrodcastMessage<T>(); and be done with it.

If you are already doing something similar then maybe there isn't an advantage for you currently. In upcoming release of this framework I will be building enhanced message caching functionality (which I haven't seen in other frameworks yet), so that may be of some value to you.

Thanks for the feedback.

--Brad